Monday, April 4, 2016

Twenty-five tunes you've never heard because you were not listening.: #17 B - Hole Surers - Pepper

 We've had a bit of a set back with the ol' blog for a few weeks. No personal crisis, just some distractions which may or may not be covered in another blog entry. On we go . . .

Continuing the Americana theme in one of the most bizarre ways possible, I give you the B - Hole Surfers. I had totally forgotten the title of this tune. If you have heard of the Surfers, you have probably heard this. If you have heard 90s Alternative Rock and are not a Millennial, you have probably heard it. Yes, I am censoring the band name. I have gotten a bit soft with time. 

I had forgotten the song name but remembered the "Cinnamon and Sugary" chorus, that's pretty memorable.  I had a recording of this and some other Surfers songs at one time, most likely on a cassette tape. Who knows what ever became of it? I censored the song choice here too. I considered using the Surfers tune Barking Dogs, I no longer enjoy Noise Rock as I once did.



I'm not about to try to analyze that video. If their reputation holds any truth, the day they shot this video must have been one of their most sober days ever. 

Just three more tunes, or tracks, to number twenty. Hopefully we can work through that this week.

One through seventeen:
1. The Damned -- Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
1.5. The Damned -- White Rabbit
2. Junior Kimbrough -- Gotta Try You Girl
3. Paul Simon -- Stranded in a Limousine
4. Booker T & the M.G.s -- Green Onions
5. Lee Scratch Perry -- I am Happiness
6. The Jam -- In the City
7. Brute -- Nine High a Pallet
8. The Doors -- Peace Frog
9. Scientist -- Dance of the Vampires
10. Patti Smith -- Dancing Barefoot
11. Tribe Called Quest -- Left My Wallet in El Segundo
12. Ray Wylie Hubbard -- Snake Farm
13. James McMurtry -- Too Long in the Wasteland
14. The Everybodyfields -- The Only King
15. Old Crow Medicine Show -- Wagon Wheel
16. The Dream Syndicate -- Tell Me When It's Over
17. B - Hole Surfers -- Pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment