Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Twenty-five tunes you've never heard because you were not listening.: #18 Arzachel -- Leg


I'm gonna stop the Americana theme before it gets any uglier. Here's one from the Wayback Machine, so old and dusty that Pandora had to dig it up for me. So, the best source for their info will be, the Gods forbid, Wikipedia.

One of my oldest and best friends described their sound as early Pink Floyd, I have to agree. Pipers at the Gates is my favorite Floyd recording, Wish You Were Here would be second. I do appreciate Pink Floyd but I don't adore as the Stoner Rock gods they are. 

Sorry Arzachel/Uriel, my post about your grooviness just turned into me "coming out" about how I really feel about Pink Floyd.


One through eight-teen:
1. The Damned -- Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
1.5. The Damned -- White Rabbit
2. Junior Kimbrough -- Gotta Try You Girl
3. Paul Simon -- Stranded in a Limousine
4. Booker T & the M.G.s -- Green Onions
5. Lee Scratch Perry -- I am Happiness
6. The Jam -- In the City
7. Brute -- Nine High a Pallet
8. The Doors -- Peace Frog
9. Scientist -- Dance of the Vampires
10. Patti Smith -- Dancing Barefoot
11. Tribe Called Quest -- Left My Wallet in El Segundo
12. Ray Wylie Hubbard -- Snake Farm
13. James McMurtry -- Too Long in the Wasteland
14. The Everybodyfields -- The Only King
15. Old Crow Medicine Show -- Wagon Wheel
16. The Dream Syndicate -- Tell Me When It's Over
17. B-Hole Surfers -- Pepper
18. Arzachel -- Leg

No comments:

Post a Comment