Thursday, April 14, 2016

Twenty-five tunes you've never heard because you were not listening.: #23: Yabby You -- Conquering Lion Dub

It seems only fair that I dedicate some time to a few more international musicians with the final three tunes. This guy, Yabby You, I discovered through an impulse buy at an old CD shop in Birmingham, Al. I'm sure glad I made that impulsive purchase because I still feel that Yabby You is another jewel in the rough.

I do love some Dub too. We'll get too my introduction to Dub in another list.  Now enjoy the mellow mixology of Yabby You and company.



One through 23!:

1. The Damned -- Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
1.5. The Damned -- White Rabbit
2. Junior Kimbrough -- Gotta Try You Girl
3. Paul Simon -- Stranded in a Limousine
4. Booker T & the M.G.s -- Green Onions
5. Lee Scratch Perry -- I am Happiness
6. The Jam -- In the City
7. Brute -- Nine High a Pallet
8. The Doors -- Peace Frog
9. Scientist -- Dance of the Vampires
10. Patti Smith -- Dancing Barefoot
11. Tribe Called Quest -- Left My Wallet in El Segundo
12. Ray Wylie Hubbard -- Snake Farm
13. James McMurtry -- Too Long in the Wasteland
14. The Everybodyfields -- The Only King
15. Old Crow Medicine Show -- Wagon Wheel
16. The Dream Syndicate -- Tell Me When It's Over
17. Bung Hole Surfers -- Pepper
18. Azarcheal -- Leg
19. Hawkwind -- Silver Machine
20. Spinal Tap -- Short and Sweet
21. Mountain -- Nantucket Sleigh Ride
22. Richard Thompson -- Clavary Cross
23. Yabby You -- Conquering Lion Dub

No comments:

Post a Comment