After that Arzachel vs. Pink Floyd meltdown I introduce Hawkwind. They can clean this mess up. As a rock fan, I had heard of Hawkwind for years but was only introduced to them through, again, Pandora. Had I known more about these guys when in college, I would have been a Hawk Head.
Here are three essential facts about Hawkwind. No, four, four essential facts about Hawkwind:
1. Like Arzachel and Pink Floyd, the members of Hawkwind were, and are, Brits.
2. They have a tune titled Motorhead.
3. Which was written by this guy who once played with them. Upon departing he formed a banded named . . .
4. They were contemporaries of, and collaborated with Sci-Fi author Michael Moorcock.
My personal description of Hawkwind would be, Heavy Stoner Rock. I believe that Silver Machine will stand up too that description. They also appear to me as a precursor to Jam Bands. without so much improvisational jamming.
One through nineteen:
1.5. The Damned -- White Rabbit
2. Junior Kimbrough -- Gotta Try You Girl
3. Paul Simon -- Stranded in a Limousine
4. Booker T & the M.G.s -- Green Onions
5. Lee Scratch Perry -- I am Happiness
6. The Jam -- In the City
7. Brute -- Nine High a Pallet
8. The Doors -- Peace Frog
9. Scientist -- Dance of the Vampires
10. Patti Smith -- Dancing Barefoot
11. Tribe Called Quest -- Left My Wallet in El Segundo
12. Ray Wylie Hubbard -- Snake Farm
13. James McMurtry -- Too Long in the Wasteland
14. The Everybodyfields -- The Only King
15. Old Crow Medicine Show -- Wagon Wheel
16. The Dream Syndicate -- Tell Me When It's Ove
17. Bung Hole Surfers -- Pepper
18. Azarcheal -- Leg
19. Hawkwind -- Silver Machine