Monday, January 16, 2012

Fuller's London Porter

This past month I had the pleasure of consuming some Fuller’s London Porter. Fuller’s London Pride is among the best selling ales in England and, by my analysis, their Porter is also World Class. The pour produces a bubbly beige head and a beautiful dark chocolate colored body of liquid. The smell is a bit vinous, like a malt vinegar.

The first sip betrays my nose. The dominant flavors are chocolate malts with no hint of vinegary sourness. Any hops are in recession too in this full, unsweet chocolate body. As the liquid warms the chocolate sweetness becomes more pronounced and is almost syrupy at the finish.

I have long preferred Porters to Stouts and Fuller’s London Porter is a great one to prefer.

Grade: 4.9 out of 5 pints

Here's a funny photo I found while searching for London Porter images.



No comments:

Post a Comment