Monday, March 7, 2016

Twenty-five tunes you've never heard because you were not listening.: #12 Ray Wylie Hubbard -- Snake Farm





As a certain set of English blokes have been known to say, "now for something completely different!" Actually, it's not completely different, I noticed that the guitar style for Snake Farm is very similar to Junior Kimbrough.  I would hear this tune on WDVX when I lived in Knoxville, Tn. I imagine that WNCW here in Western North Carolina has played it a few times as well. It's a big ol' Americana reptile party up in here. (Peace Frog, Snake Farm) What could be next?






The top 12!

1. The Damned -- Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
1.5. The Damned -- White Rabbit
2. Junior Kimbrough -- Gotta Try You Girl
3. Paul Simon -- Stranded in a Limousine
4. Booker T & the M.G.s -- Green Onions
5. Lee Scratch Perry -- I am Happiness
6. The Jam -- In the City
7. Brute -- Nine High a Pallet
8. The Doors -- Peace Frog
9. Scientist -- Dance of the Vampires
10. Patti Smith -- Dancing Barefoot
11. Tribe Called Quest -- Left My Wallet in El Segundo
12. Ray Wylie Hubbard -- Snake Farm

No comments:

Post a Comment