Sunday, February 28, 2016

Twenty-five tunes you've never heard because you were not listening.: #6 The Jam -- In the City

So, some of this list is a nostalgia trip for me. I knew about these guys when I was in high school but didn't listen to them nearly enough. There is so much to love here. They are wearing suits and playing Rickenbackers and totally tearing it up. The Jam, to my thinking, is not even considered Punk Rock. Although, they are very aggressive Power Pop. There is a three disc compilation of their work titled Snap, look it up.

 I wonder if Phish has ever covered the Jam?



The list so far:

1. The Damned -- Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
1.5. The Damned -- White Rabbit
2. Junior Kimbrough -- Gotta Try You Girl
3. Paul Simon -- Stranded in a Limousine
4. Booker T & the M.G.s -- Green Onions
5. Lee Scratch Perry -- I am Happiness
6. The Jam -- In the City

No comments:

Post a Comment