Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Twenty-five tunes you've never heard because you were not listening.: #5 Lee Scratch Perry -- I am Happiness

Alright, I had never heard this tune until I started searching YouTube for Lee Perry. It's hard to go wrong with anything that Lee Scratch Perry has been involved with. My favorite Lee Perry recording is Live at the Maritime Hall but very few of those tracks are on YouTube. Perry is like an perpetual motion machine of Reggae music and major influence on the Dub style. If you don't know Lee Scratch Perry, you don't know diddly.




Here's our countdown so far:

1. The Damned -- Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
1.5. The Damned -- White Rabbit
2. Junior Kimbrough -- Gotta Try You Girl
3. Paul Simon -- Stranded in a Limousine
4. Booker T & the M.G.s -- Green Onions
5. Lee Scratch Perry -- I am Happiness


No comments:

Post a Comment