Friday, April 8, 2011

Paperback Friday: Philip Jose Farmer

Flesh; Copyright 1960, Galaxy Publishing Company
Copyright 1968, Philip Jose Farmer
First Paperback printing, May 1969.

The guy on the cover of this book looks like a young James Taylor.



The Fabulous Riverboat
Copyright 1971, Philip Jose Farmer
Berkly Medallion Edition, April, 1973
Eighth Printing

For the unholy trinity of Bobs:
Bloch, Heinlein, and traurig --
may I meet them on
the banks of the River,
where we'll board the
fabulous Riverboat.



I found these two at the Friends of the Knox Co. Library Sale last month. I got Flesh because after reading These Lawless Worlds I thought I'd try anything. And, it's by P.J.F. so I feel certain that it will be an enjoyable read.

To Your Scattered Bodies Go
Copyright 1971, Philip Jose Farmer
Berkley Medallion Edition, September 1971
Eleventh Printing

1972 Hugo Award, Best Science Fiction Novel of the Year



I bought this one a couple of years ago at the same book sale and read it right away. I may read these other two after I've finished reading through my Lin Carter library. To Your Scattered Bodies Go is one of the sci-fi books on the 501 Must Read Books list.

No comments:

Post a Comment