Monday, November 26, 2012

Flying Dog: Snake Dog IPA

As beer distribution changes, and it inevitably does, some of my old favorites have become difficult for me to find around Knox Co. My cherished Flying Dog; Stray Dog twelve-pack and the Magic Hat seasonal twelve-packs are nearly a thing of the past. I do have a few of these beers cabineted away and recently revisited a few bottles of Snake Dog IPA.

As the photo indicates, Snake Dog pours a clear, copper with plenty of carbonation. The first sip is well balanced between the pale malt and citrus like hops. The fruity hops are dominant but remain mild for an American IPA.


Overall, a craftily, if not masterfully balanced IPA. The Snake Dog logo is pretty scary too. I need to stat up this beast for some random encounters.

   Grade: 4.25 of 5 pints.

No comments:

Post a Comment