Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The 18th of the month is a good day for me

Or, in this case, the 16th of the month is a good time for me to throw some teases on the ol blog. Here's a random idea I've been thinking of using as a soapbox; three things symbolic of the decline of civilization as we know it, flip flops, lounge pants and wife-beater under shirts. Wearing any combination of these pieces of apparel indicates no intention to go to work or accomplish any task that might be considered labor.

I was thinking of this while driving to work today because these are very popular clothing items in E. Tennessee. While thinking and driving I passed by another icon of E. Tn. culture the discount beer and tobacco store. The tobacco must be cheap at those places because they always advertise brands with which I am unfamiliar, like Pyramid or Tahoe. I have occasionally visited one of these shops to get a six pack and a lottery ticket and their beer prices are higher than the price at the grocery store. This confuses me since the shops are called “Discount Beer and Tobacco.” So, I’m gonna ask them. I’ll look at the grocery store price and go to the discount shop, while buying my Miller Lite or Pabst Blue Ribbon I’ll ask the clerk about the discount. Then I’ll take a photo of the shop and share our Southern Culture with all.

On a more positive note, all the way around, I have three summer beers to write about and hope to start these posts next Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment