Monday, January 2, 2017

Happy 2017, and all!

Here we are at the beginning of a new year. I feel I can say that, unlike years past, we are on the verge of something new. I will just add that I hope that civilization is not about to repeat the Fall of the Roman Empire. That's my take on our current sociopolitical climate, now on to less meaningful pursuits.

First, I must submit a retraction for my post of May 4, 2016. I mentioned that The Clash had recorded the tune Police and Thieves for their Black Market Clash album. This is incorrect, Police and Thieves appeared on the recording titled The Clash. Good tunes none-the-less.

2nd: I wanna round out this evil list of cover tunes with an even number, like ten. I believe we're up to number eight . . .
  1. Richard Thompson covers Britney Spears
  2. B-Hole Surfers cover Donovan
  3. Camper Van Beethoven cover Black Flag
  4. David Bowie covers The Velvet Underground
  5. The Clash covers Roots Reggae
  6. Sister Double Happiness covers 13th Floor Elevator
  7.  Plain Wrap covers Buffalo Springfield
How about another punk rock version for the new year? How about These Boots are Made for Walkin' by Seven Seconds?


Happy New Year to you all and I hope to be typing to you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment