Monday, June 18, 2012

Moorhouse, Blonde Bitch

Moorhouse Brewery is in Lancashire England, I have sampled their Pendle Witch's Brew before but don't recall ever having the Blonde Bitch. And, based on this beverage, I think I'd remember it.

Over the years I have really warmed up to the traditional wheat beers, which this is reminiscent of, but Blonde Bitch is not a wheat beer. B. B. does pour a pale yellow with light carbonation. The first sip is very light, the mouth feel reminds me of a cider or a wheat beer. The malt and hops applications are very light. With a bit more hops this would be an English style Pale Ale. This ale definitely has the body of a cider or a whit beer. The label describes it as, "A premium, light colored, refreshing ale with a sweet citrus dry finish." The description may need more commas or adjectives, but I found B.B. to be a "refreshing" light ale.

 Looking at the Moorhouse website, I can't determine if they have changed the name of this brew to Blonde Witch or perhaps they sell it as B.B. in the U.S.? Regardless, I, personally suggest this delightful little ale and give it a 4.5 of 5 pints, at least.


No comments:

Post a Comment